2020 is about to kick in. Now is the ideal moment to reflect on business goals for the New Year and brainstorm some great (achievable) tactics to meet and exceed them. It could be a quick refresh of your marketing strategy or a complete overhaul of your sales plans—don’t miss this opportunity to remodel your B2B tactics for success in the coming year.
If you are looking for some ideas or inspiration, check out the collection of resolutions in this Infographic. The methods outlined here are not only attainable but also of vital importance for the marketers.
Table of Contents
1. Prioritize Customer Experience
B2B companies are no longer about mass marketing campaigns or ads aimed to attract hordes of new clients. Today, it’s all about focusing on the current customers and delighting them with a positive experience every time they interact with your brand.
• 86% of buyers are ready to pay more for excellent customer experience.
• 92% of customers would completely abandon a firm after 2 or 3 negative interactions.
• 88% of companies are prioritizing customer experience in their contact centers now.
2. Get Ready for Personalization in 2020
B2B personalization is the process of tailoring your offers, advertisements, and communication efforts to fit the specific needs of each customer. Personalization comprises smarter targeting and better understanding to provide quicker, relevant and projected experiences to clients.
• 49% of customers have made impulse purchases after getting a more personalized experience.
• Only 27% of B2B clients feel that companies are topping at meeting their experience standards.
• 79% of businesses exceeded their revenue goals with a personalized strategy.
3. Include Data-Driven Marketing
Data-driven marketing encompasses strategies built on insights pulled from the big data, collected through customer interactions and engagements, to forecast the future market behaviors. Companies must use data-driven marketing to improve and personalize the customer experience.
• Companies adopting data-driven marketing are 6 times more likely to be profitable year-over-year.
• 75% of the firm saw increased engagement after using data-driven marketing.
• 64% of executives “strongly agree” that data-driven marketing is fundamental in the economy.
4. Invest in Marketing Automation
Marketing automation offers an incredibly powerful way to engage customers in 2020. It uses customer journey to trigger personalized, timely, and relevant messages. This style of marketing is valuable because it creates an ongoing conversation with the customers and builds brand loyalty.
• Triggered emails have a 152% higher click-through rate and a 70.5% higher open rate.
• Using marketing automation to nurture leads is efficient by 451%.
• 63% of firms are outperforming competitors through marketing automation.
5. Focus on Data Security and Privacy
Data security and privacy are the number 1 demand from the modern, digitally connected B2B buyer. With data breaches dominating the news, the B2B companies need to prove to the customers that their information is secure by investing in a GDPR-ready CRM system and other privacy procedures.
• Only 48% of B2B marketers currently possess the tools needed to deal with a data breach.
• Lack of data security results in 58 data records stolen every second.
• The value of global cybercrime impairment will reach $6 trillion by 2021.
6. Explore New Technologies
2020 will be all about new and advanced technologies. And, there are multiple options for the B2B marketing department to consider. Explore emerging technologies like machine learning/AI, chatbots, and augmented/virtual reality and connect better with your clients.
• 83% of businesses agree AI is a strategic priority for their growth today.
• 67% of customers worldwide used a chatbot in the past year.
• The number of VR/AR involvements in B2B will account for 40% of all experiences by 2022.
Turn your vague ambitions to viable accomplishments in 2020